2010年5月8日 星期六

Paraclete

My Sunday Scripture, 2010.5.9.

Jesus replied: Anyone who loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.

Anyone who does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not my own: it is the word of the Father who sent me.

I have said these things to you while still with you;

but the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all I have said to you.

Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace which the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.

You heard me say: I am going away and shall return. If you loved me you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

I have told you this now, before it happens, so that when it does happen you may believe.

John 14:23-29

-------------------
My Reading Notes:
-------------------

Jesus had send us the Paraclete before he went back to the Father. And it has been one of my own habit, whenever I have difficult problems, I will ask for the Paraclete
to come to stay with my mind. And He will sure come, and I will have peace in mind and be well prepared to meet the challenges ahead.

In some difficult situations, I found it hard to handle, I found it uneasy to meet people, and I am not happy, then, I will call upon him, ask him to come, and he will surely come, and I have peace in mind and will be happy again. Only in very few times, when I found I could not be happy, and I ask him to help. And it came the strange answer. He will tell me, you ought to be sad. Then I will be really sad by then.

沒有留言: