2010年5月29日 星期六

What else will Jesus tell us?

My Sunday Scripture 2010.5.30.

I still have many things to say to you but they would be too much for you to bear now.

However, when the Spirit of truth comes he will lead you to the complete truth, since he will not be speaking of his own accord, but will say only what he has been told; and he will reveal to you the things to come.

He will glorify me, since all he reveals to you will be taken from what is mine.

Everything the Father has is mine; that is why I said: all he reveals to you will be taken from what is mine.

John 16:12-15

------------------------
My Reading Notes:
------------------------


Sometimes, when we tried to think in terms of our own human race, we will have lots of questions and puzzles. What is the ultimate truth about us and the universe?

There had been a moment, that God had send us his own son, to tell us what to do.
However, His son had had only a limited time. When His son left us, he had said the above line. He wanted us to know more. He said, "I still have many things to say to you but they would be too much for you to bear now."

Yes, I can believe that by our present day understanding ( I would say, two thousand years ago till now, we had made little progress), if all truth were revealed, we can hardly bear it.

That is why we need the Holy Spirit. He will guide us to find our what we CAN understand.

沒有留言: