2010年4月30日 星期五

Am I dare enough to ask?

My Sunday Scripture 2010.5.2.

7 If you know me, you will know my Father too. From this moment you know him and have seen him.

8 Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and then we shall be satisfied.' Jesus said to him,

9 'Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? 'Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father, so how can you say, "Show us the Father"?

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? What I say to you I do not speak of my own accord: it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his works.

11 You must believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe it on the evidence of these works.

12 In all truth I tell you, whoever believes in me will perform the same works as I do myself, and will perform even greater works, because I am going to the Father.

13 Whatever you ask in my name I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

John 14:7-14


My Reading Notes,

The line was addressed to Philip in the Bible, but, it seems that it could be addressed to us all.

In Luke 11:9, Jesus had expressed similar meaning: "Ask, and it will be given to you."

And this is one of the very important part in our faith. Am I dare enough to ask anything from Him? As he had said also: "whoever believes in me will perform the same works as I do myself". That means, if I am brave enough to carry the cross, I am also brave enough to ask.

And if I am brave enough to ask, the Holy Spirit will sure to come, helping me to fight for the things I had asked, and success itself is a sure outcome.

In the whole of our human history, all those who had fight with a pure motive were all successful. The world is moving onward with the help of the successful.

沒有留言: