2010年4月24日 星期六

The meaning of FOOD

My Sunday Scripture 2010.4.25.

Jesus said: «My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can take them out of the Father's hand. The Father and I are one."
(John 10:27-30.)

-------------------
My Reading Notes:
-------------------

I had discussed with my students sometimes ago, that what is the meaning of FOOD.
We had found that all food are composed of life, the bodies of other life. We eat plants, and animals. They are all food. And in due course, we will render our body as food for others. We are one in such a meaning, though it is somewhat external.

And once Jesus asked his disciples to eat his flesh and blood.

Now I can understand, this is a highly symbolic meaning that we are one, with the Lord above, and with every other on the planet. Thus we had achieved eternal life.

沒有留言: