2011年5月4日 星期三

What is the aim of my faith?

My Sunday Scritpure 2011.5.1

--------------------------
The text: 1 Peter 1:3-9
--------------------------

3 Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who in his great mercy has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

4 and into a heritage that can never be spoilt or soiled and never fade away. It is reserved in heaven for you

5 who are being kept safe by God's power through faith until the salvation which has been prepared is revealed at the final point of time.

6 This is a great joy to you, even though for a short time yet you must bear all sorts of trials;

7 so that the worth of your faith, more valuable than gold, which is perishable even if it has been tested by fire, may be proved -- to your praise and honour when Jesus Christ is revealed.

8 You have not seen him, yet you love him; and still without seeing him you believe in him and so are already filled with a joy so glorious that it cannot be described;

9 and you are sure of the goal of your faith, that is, the salvation of your souls.

------------------------
My Reading Notes
------------------------

What is the aim of Faith?

Peter said that is for the salvation of souls. If I believe, then, I would join the network of Souls in the universe. And I could be saved.

That could be a theory. But why do I believe in God?

It is because I felt it.

It is because I know there is a God.

沒有留言: