2011年1月15日 星期六

baptize with the holy Spirit

My Sunday Scripture 2011.1.16


The Text: John 1:29-34.

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is the one of whom I said, 'A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.' I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel." John testified further, saying, "I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from the sky and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the holy Spirit.' Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God."

-----------------
My Reading Notes:
-----------------

In Matthew 3:1-12, John has expressed similar ideas:
"he will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire." But the "fire" element here was omitted. Though the idea is still very clear: We need a cleaning. We need washing by something, more then water.


How to clean myself?

With water is one level. But we may need more then that. We need the holy Spirit to help us to obtain wisdom, to have an access to knowledge, to keep our minds clear and sound.




沒有留言: