2010年6月26日 星期六

we are free

My Sunday Scripture 2010.6.27

Gospel
59 Another to whom he said, 'Follow me,' replied, 'Let me go and bury my father first.'

60 But he answered, 'Leave the dead to bury their dead; your duty is to go and spread the news of the kingdom of God.'
(Luke 9:51-62)

Reading 2,
1 Christ set us free, so that we should remain free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be fastened again to the yoke of slavery.

13 After all, brothers, you were called to be free; do not use your freedom as an opening for self-indulgence, but be servants to one another in love,
(Galatians 5:1, 13-18)

--------------------
My Reading Notes:
-------------------

The idea of freedom by Paul is very much the same as Zhuang-zi.
Once you are free, you will not be slave again. You will be free to do what you wanted to do, without any resistancy of the earthy world. Let the dead bury the dead, said Jesus. Once we could turn away from the earthy world, we are free.

沒有留言: