2010年1月9日 星期六




Where is God?

My Sunday Scripture 2010.1.10.

A feeling of expectancy had grown among the people, who were beginning to wonder whether John might be the Christ,

so John declared before them all, 'I baptise you with water, but someone is coming, who is more powerful than me, and I am not fit to undo the strap of his sandals; he will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

..................

Now it happened that when all the people had been baptised and while Jesus after his own baptism was at prayer, heaven opened

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in a physical form, like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, 'You are my Son; today have I fathered you.'
(Luke 3:15-16, 21-22)


-------------------
My reading notes:
-------------------



Recently I had got a photo of the Milky Way Galaxy. I wondered very much that in so vast a place, where is our fellow human beings. We as human being, is not in proportion with the universe. We have a mind and eyes and some short length organs to handle the nearby world. In such a big space, our tools, including our mind, simply cannot function.

Where is God?

Now that he had come, in the form of humanbeings. And the holy spirit had come too, the spirit had descended on him, in a physical form, like a dove.

We as human beings, do not have enough tools to handle subtle matters. So the spirit had to show himself in a form. We saw the dove and understand.

Where is God? Yes, this is God himself descended.

沒有留言: