2009年11月20日 星期五

We have a King and we are not alone

My Sunday Scripture 2009.11.22

Pilate said to Jesus,
"Are you the King of the Jews?"
Jesus answered, "Do you say this on your own
or have others told you about me?"
Pilate answered, "I am not a Jew, am I?
Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me.
What have you done?"
Jesus answered, "My kingdom does not belong to this world.
If my kingdom did belong to this world,
my attendants would be fighting
to keep me from being handed over to the Jews.
But as it is, my kingdom is not here."
So Pilate said to him, "Then you are a king?"
Jesus answered, "You say I am a king.
For this I was born and for this I came into the world,
to testify to the truth.
Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."

John 18:33b-37

----------------
My Reading Notes:
----------------


He said, his kingdom is not here.
He said, he came to testify to the truth.
He had told us the truth.

May be, Jesus is using analogy.

He is the leader of us.
And he is the center of us.
He is us and we are him.

In this sense, we can say that we are one.
and also in this sense, we are not alone. We belong to
him. We have confidence and we all have a soul, and its
all because of Him. It is just like, we have a King.
It is just like, we have a Father. We are not orphans anymore.

We are the subjects of the center of the universe.


沒有留言: